When summer heats up, there’s no better place to be than outside on the
grill! Benjy Gaither makes a regular date with his back porch and favorite
set of tongs.
GRILLIN’ WITH FRIENDS
Benjy cooks up some burgers for songwriter,
Jeff Silvey and Signature Sound’s Doug Anderson
His burgers have become legendary within his own family—and now he’s sharing his secrets with you! For Benjy, it’s all about mixing it up, keeping things creative and always using the best beef he can find. If you’ve got a craving for a taste of summer, grab your grilling gear and head outside for Benjy’s Best Burgers!
Benjy’s Best Burgers
• 16 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
• 1 yellow onion, diced, sautéed until soft
• 2 cloves garlic, minced, sautéed until soft
• 2 tablespoons dried basil
• 1 cup cracker crumbs
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 eggs
• 1 pound ground beef
• 4 hamburger buns, toasted
Preheat grill on high heat.Take 8 slices bacon, crumble. Combine with onion, garlic and next 5 ingredients. Form mixture into 4 patties. Lightly grease the grill. Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side or until well done. Serve on hamburger buns with remaining slices of bacon and condiments. (Go heavy on the barbecue sauce!).
- barbecue sauce
- cheddar cheese
- sliced tomato
• 1/4 cup of olive oil
• 3 tablespoons of lime juice
• 2 tablespoons of A-1 Teriyaki
• 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
• 1 teaspoon each of:
— garlic powder
— onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Mix well in a glass dish. Place meat in marinade. Cover and let sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, longer if possible. Discard leftover marinade after removing meat.