• 1 med / large eggplant
• 3 eggs
• 2½ cups of flour
• 1 tsp of garlic powder (or more to taste)
• ½ tsp of salt
• ½ tsp of pepper
• ¼ cup of butter (just use half of it at a time)
• 2 tbsp of olive oil (also use half at a time)
• 3 cups of pasta sauce (I prefer Italian imported)
• 12-16 oz of shredded mozzarella
• ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
1. Set oven to 350°
2. Slice eggplant into ¼-inch slices, discarding the top and bottom pieces.
3. Beat eggs in bowl.
4. Mix flour, garlic, salt and pepper in separate bowl.
5. Heat half the butter and olive oil in skillet on medium heat.
6. Dip each slice of eggplant into egg mixture, then fl our mixture, and brown each side in skillet.
7. When fi nished browning, layer in fan-like style into 9½ x 11 greased Pyrex.
8. Pour pasta sauce over eggplant, cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle parmesan on top.
9. Bake for 45 minutes.